Thursday, May 7, 2009

Every feeling and emotion experienced
has been expressed in lyrics and spun into a beat.
It's true.
You'll always be able to find
the best company in songs.
I do.

My "music soul mate" (haha)
reminded me of a great song just yesterday.
It's been playing in my head ever since...
it's good company to my melancholy
(as Damien's songs often are)
and some of the words run alongside my thoughts
nearly perfectly.


Cannonball
by Damien Rice

There's still a little bit of your taste in my mouth
Still a little bit of you laced with my doubt
It's still a little hard to say what's going on

There's still a little bit of your ghost, your witness
Still a little bit of your face that I haven't kissed
You step a little closer to me,
so close that I can't see what's going on

Stones taught me to fly
And love, it taught me to lie
Life taught me to die
So it's not hard to fall
when you float like a cannonball

Still a little bit of your song in my ear
Still a little bit of your words that I long to hear
You step a little closer each day
so close that I can't say what's going on

'Cause stones taught me to fly
And love, it taught me to lie
Life taught me to die
So it's not hard to fall
when you float like a cannon...

Stones taught me to fly
And love, it just taught me to lie
So come on courage
Teach me to be shy
'cause it's not hard to fall
And I don't want to scare her
It's not hard to fall
And I don't wanna lose
It's not hard to grow
When you know that you just,
you don't know


No comments: